YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
There are requests from the doctors for your first appointment to assist in a more thorough evaluation:
- Please wear comfortable clothing. Please wear something that enables you to be able to roll pant legs up to compare one knee to the other.
- Bring something to eat or drink, as you may be here for a long while. You may have dietary restrictions we can not accommodate.
- Have someone with you to help you with note taking. It is always best to have a “second set of ears” when going to a physician’s office. Another person also taking notes may write down something the doctor says that you may have missed.
- Please arrive promptly at 7:30 a.m.
It is much more efficient if you can spend some time filling out the forms before coming in for your first appointment. Should you do it prior to your appointment, you will not have to arrive early for your appointment and complete the forms in the waiting area of the office. Please bring these forms with you to your appointment after you have filled them out. Considering the complexity of the pain conditions that Drs. Chopra and Schneiderman treat, it helps them understand your condition better.
It is a good idea to write a timeline (a detailed one would be better, including your use of medications and therapies) of your or your child’s condition. The doctor actually does review it and it also helps you remember accurately how your condition changed, treatment tried in past and the results of the treatment. Please download and print the forms and fill them out to the best of your ability.
- Demographic sheet December 2009
- Release of medical records – SNAPA
- Karnofsky scale
- 033 Questionnaire (ver 6-6-16)
- 031 The Epworth Sleepiness Scale and fatigue scale
- 030 Body pain indicator
- 029 Brief Pain Inventory
- Timeline – in your words