- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)www.rsds.org
Excellent resource for information, support groups for people with RSD.
- Pain.com - A World of Information on Painwww.pain.com
- American Chronic Pain Associationwww.theacpa.org
- More than 235 Pain Management Guidelines at AHRQ Sitewww.guideline.gov
- Consensus Statements on Opioid Use at The American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) Sitewww.painmed.org
- Roadblocks to Relief Survey Presented at the American Pain Society Sitewww.ampainsoc.org
- Carefully Screened Lists of Internet Pain Resources at Mayday Pain Project Sitewww.painandhealth.org
- American Pain Foundation's Sitewww.painfoundation.org
Patient information and model pain legislation.
- American Alliance of Cancer Pain Initiativeswww.aacpi.wisc.edu
Focus on improving pain management.
- American Academy of Head, Neck and Facial Painwww.alternativehealthemall.com
For healthcare professionals, including dental professionals: a source of information on symposiums, products and educational materials, and more. For the
public: "a quick and easy way to locate Medical and Dental Professional Members in your area who have specialized knowledge and skills" in the field of Head, Neck and Facial Pain.
- American Academy Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)www.aahpm.org
Events and meetings, job listings, and position statements issued by physicians whose focus is hospice and palliative medicine. Practice, research and education are
- The American Headache Society [AHS] (formerly known as the American Association for the Study of Headache [AASH])
For healthcare professionals. Offers CME, Headache information, cassettes of scientific meetings, and instructions on how to
subscribe to the journal Headache and how to join the Society.
- American Council for Headache Educationwww.achenet.org
- "Back Pain" — Article at Mayo Clinic Health Oasiswww.mayoclinic.com
An updated version of the article for the general public that appeared in the Mayo Clinic Health Letter. It discusses the causes of back pain, tests that may be used
during diagnosis, treatments, and prevention of back pain. The article is directed to the general public.
- Fibromyalgia Alliance of America (FMAA)www.fmaa.org
Source for information on fibromyalgia, including lists of healthcare professionals and support groups specializing on fibromyalgia. The site is in the process of being expanded.
- Hopkins Arthritis Centerwww.hopkins-arthritis.com
CME, case reports, meeting highlights, "Hear the lecture series," "The role of opioids for Chronic Pain," and more. Sign up to have news updates
delivered to your email.
- National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health (NLM/NIH) - Resources on Pain -
Links to resources from the National Institutes of Health, the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and
Research, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association of America, and more.
- Toolkit Instruments to Assess Pain and Physical Symptoms
Reviews 40 instruments assessing pain and related symptoms. Includes a detailed review of 5 of these
instruments, applying such criteria as reliability, validity, responsiveness, interpretability and more.